At Contech, we worked hard to develop a special admission process that is an interesting learning experience in itself and not just a necessary administrative annoyance.
Don’t worry that you might not know enough to shine in the admission process. We are primarily concerned with assessing your potential and motivation, not only the skills you might have acquired already.
Fill out the application form. It only takes a few minutes. Admission requirements include
Statement of Purpose
Updated C.V. or Linkedin Account
Proof of English proficiency – See Below
Our academic board will review your application, and you will be asked to submit the supporting documents. You might also be called for an interview for a final decision.
Upon selection, you can complete your application process by paying the registration and the tuition fee.
Proof for English Proficiency
Prospective students whose native language is not English and who have not earned a degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must demonstrate college-level proficiency in English through one of the following for admission:
- A minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 71 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 50 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
- A minimum score on the College Board Accuplacer ESL Exam Series as follows:
- ESL Language Use: Score of 85
- ESL Listening: Score of 80
- ESL Reading: Score of 85
- ESL Sentence Meaning: Score of 90 ESL Writeplacer: Score of 4
- Comprehensive Score for all exams of 350
- A minimum B-2 English proficiency level identified within the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) standards and assessed through various ESOL examinations, including the University of Cambridge;
- A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester credit hours with an average grade of “B” or higher at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or accepted foreign
- A passing score of 70 on the Duolingo English Test: Passing the Duolingo English Test fully qualifies the applicant for CONTECH Programs. The test costs $49, and can be completed online and/or at home for the convenience of test-takers.
- A letter from the University issuing the Bachelor degree indicating that the language of study of the program was the English Language
|ESTIMATED COSTS/2020–2021 ACADEMIC YEAR||Nomad Option||Hybrid Option||Online Option|
|Books and educational materials*||$600||$600||$600|
Lowest Possible Costs
Top colleges and universities squander enormous sums on facilities and amenities most students never use. And their exorbitant graduate tuitions and fees — as high as $90,000 a year — help pay for the waste.
Contech is different.
Our commitment to keeping operating costs low enables us to maintain a tuition that is about a fraction of that of other top universities. We charge only what is necessary to provide you with an exceptional education, including hiring top faculty, maintaining small class sizes, offering innovative curriculum and challenging courses, and continually advancing the capabilities of the Active Learning Forum.
You won’t find manicured gardens or million-dollar climbing walls at Contech because lavish amenities like these are superfluous to actual learning. By devoting every dollar to student growth and development, Contech has proven that the value of your education can far exceed its cost — not the other way around.
Technical support and high-speed, wireless internet are already included in the residential and student services fees. However, you are responsible for acquiring a laptop and headset that meet the requirements, which will be provided upon admission, for use of the Active Learning Forum. Though not mandated, we also recommend purchasing a graphic drawing tablet.
———– For Nomad Students ————
Residential & Student Services Fees
The global residential experience is a unique component of your educational journey at Contech. We work hard to provide a safe and healthy environment in each location, so you can learn effectively and get the most from each city. In addition to the support staff and housing costs, our service fees fund an array of experiential learning opportunities specific to each location. Programming includes curated experiences, activities, and access to many of the foremost educational, scientific, cultural, business, and government leaders and institutions in the world.
All of your other living expenses, from food to transportation, are estimated based on typical costs and averaged across all four residential locations. Actual amounts will vary depending upon individual lifestyle choices and the cost of living in each residential location.
All students are required to have health insurance as a condition of enrollment. Students must enroll in Contech’s health insurance plan or a comparable alternative.
Global Immersion is an important aspect of the full residential experience at Contech. The cost of travel between residential locations, or to and from home, is the students’ responsibility.